National Friendly was formed in 1868 to help provide sickness benefits for working members, paid for by their weekly subscriptions into a mutual fund.
Being a mutual society they are owned by their members and so all of profits are invested in improving member benefits and service to you, rather than paying dividends to shareholders.
They offer a broad range of products including private healthcare insurance, assisted living insurance, tax free savings plans and investment bond and have over 32,000 members.
As a healthcare plan provider, National Friendly operates in a tightly regulated environment. In order to maintain its high standards of service delivery, it measures customer satisfaction.
National Friendly was particularly keen to monitor satisfaction in the area of service provision during the medical claims process - a key element to its operation.
It was also preferable that individual agents could not select which calls to monitor.
National Friendly chose Opinion8 automated, post-call, Voice of the Customer telephone surveying solution from Square Systems. These surveys, undertaken immediately after the interaction with the contact centre agent, capture the customers’ feedback when their impressions are at their keenest and most accurate.
It was particularly important that the results be unbiased by agent intervention, so National Friendly opted for Opinion8's Stealth Mode surveys whereby survey respondents are selected randomly and automatically without the knowledge of the customer service advisors.
The results from the feedback are available instantly allowing instantaneous assessment of the data and timely follow up. It also gives National Friendly the ability to evidence the good customer service its contact centre provides to its customers.
"At National Friendly we take caring for our customers very seriously. Opinion8 enables us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers by measuring what they actually felt about dealing with us. The easily accessible web portal and simple to understand reports make tracking ongoing customer satisfaction levels very straightforward. In addition, the stealth mode operation of the survey removes any possibility of agent cherry picking enabling a level of reporting we can have true confidence in."
Customer Services Manager
- National Friendly benefits from easily accessible reports via a secure web portal.
- Reports are updated in real time so results are known instantly. The feedback is relevant and up-to-date - there is no waiting until the end of the month to get the reports.
- Any problems can be alerted to the contact centre management team instantly.
- No systems integration is required and no additional equipment is needed onsite.
- Stealth mode operation removes any possibility of agent cherry picking.
- As Opinion8 is an automated service, National Friendly can be guaranteed that the survey results are genuine, unbiased and unaffected by agent influence.
- Square Systems provided a cost effective solution. Automated services require no agent or time resource so cost little to run.
Square Systems & Opinion8
Square Systems is the creator of Opinion8, used by organisations to measure customer and employee satisfaction. Opinion8 is a cloud-based automated survey tool developed and supported by Square Systems. Opinion8 surveys can be completed via telephone, SMS (text), email, smartphone and online. Square Systems works with many UK and multinational companies to provide both customer and employee surveys.
+44 117 398 2342